This course is intended to introduce students to the basics of using SPSS for data analysis including descriptive and inferential statistics. It also aims to introduce students to the basics of build predictive statistical models.
Share This Class:
ورشة عمل من 5 ايام في كل يوم 4 ساعات عن التحليل الإحصائي بإستخدام برنامج SPSS لطلبة البحوث الطبية📅 21/06/2020-25/06/2020🕟 4:30-8:30 Amman Time
اليوم الأول مجاني ولكن يجب عليك التسجيل في الموقع لمشاهدة المحاضرة🦺Course requirements
- The course will be fully held online.
- Attend the course using LAPTOP or DESKTOP.
- Download IBM SPSS Statistics software, version 20.0 and above.
- PhD, and master students and researchers looking to be qualified to present results in tables as usually requested by high impact journals, also MSc and PhD thesis.
- Data analysts looking for a career in analytics in corporate sector.
- Faculty members looking to master SPSS and advance their data analysis skills.
Students are expected to have the following ILOs:🥼Foundational knowledge
- Repeat analysis of previously published research articles.
- Analyze 2-3 full research articles and present their results.
- Develop, integrate, and apply knowledge of statistical methods used to describe and analyze data.
- Understand the differences between parametric and non-parametric tests used to find differences between groups.
- Understand the assumptions for parametric tests and decide if they are violated or not and to decide which tests to use to find differences between groups.
- Understand the different types of correlation tests used for both continuous and categorical variables.
- Understand the requirements of building predictive models for both categorical (logistic regression) and continuous variables (general linear model) and linear regression analysis.
- understand the equations used for sample size calculation.
- Perform descriptive statistics using both summary tables and charts and interpret the results.
- Perform inferential statistics to tell differences between groups and interpret results.
- Perform correlations between different types of variables and interpret results.
- Build predictive models for both categorical and continuous variables and interpret results.
- calculate sample size for your research study.
talent behind This course
Dr. Eman Elayeh
Lecturer at School of Pharmacy/University of Jordan
M.Sc Degree in Clinical Pharmacy from the University of Jordan, with GPA 4.00 out of 4.00. B.Sc. Pharmacy from the University of Jordan, Valedictorian student. GPA 3.96/4.0. Lecturer at School of the Pharmacy/University of Jordan since 2011. Experienced in biomedical research conduct and analysis using SPSS
GET TO KNOW
Are You Ready To Start?
- 1. Introduction to SPSS FREE 04:00:00
- Quiz 1_introduction to SPSS 00:10:00
In this unit, we will discuss description of data, exploratory data analysis, analysis of cross-classifications using Crosstabs, tests of normality, Kolmogorov-Smirnov (K-S) and the Shapiro-Wilk, skewness, kurtosis, histogram, and boxplots.
- 2. Differences between groups and sample size calculation 04:00:00
- Quiz 2_Differences between groups 00:15:00
- 3. Chi square test, Logistic regression and Bivariate correlations 04:00:00
- Quiz 3_logistic regression, correlation and chi square 00:10:00
- Case studies (2): Osteoporosis knowledge 02:00:00
- SPSS workshop_Bivariate correlation 4 days
- Assignment discussion 24 hours
What people are saying
You might also be interested in these courses
- $390.00 per year
- $260.00 per year
- $349.00 per year