Students are expected to have the following ILOs:
- Develop, integrate, and apply knowledge of statistical methods used to describe and analyze data.
- Understand the differences between parametric and non-parametric tests used to find differences between groups.
- Understand the assumptions for parametric tests and decide if they are violated or not and to decide which tests to use to find differences between groups.
- Understand the different types of correlation tests used for both continuous and categorical variables.
- Understand the requirements of building predictive models for both categorical (logistic regression) and continuous variables (general linear model).
?Skills essential to statistical analysis
- Perform descriptive statistics using both summary tables and charts and interpret the results.
- Perform inferential statistics to tell differences between groups and interpret results.
- Perform correlations between different types of variables and interpret results.
- Build predictive models for both categorical and continuous variables and interpret results.